A Google+ Local search allows a customer to easily find a local supplier. They may find you, but they will also find your competitors.
For example, if looking for an Italian Restaurant in Chester we type “Italian Restaurant in Chester” into Google. This displays the results shown below, with the first few results being paid for advertisements.
Beneath the adverts, the companies listed, with their locations shown on the map to the right, are businesses with a Google+ Local page or Google Reviews.
What is a Google+ Local page?
Local Google+ pages are designed for businesses that serve a particular geographical area.
Examples of businesses that can use these pages include; restaurants, hotels, dentists, hardware shops, gardeners and plumbers.
Google may have already created this page for you by pulling information from a range of online sources. You can, however, claim your Google+ Local page which will allow you to promote your location, opening hours, terms of business and how a potential customer can contact you. You will also be able to upload photos and/or allow customers to create a review. You can also create this page if it does not already exist.
An example for a restaurant is shown below:
If you claim your Google+ Local page you can control the content and so help to make your business stand out from the competition.
Why is a Google+ Local page important?
97% of consumers search for a local business online, with 20-30% including a location (source: Google), rising to 40% for searches carried out on mobile devices.
Google reckons that 40% of mobile searchers are looking for a local result and that 3 out of 4 mobile searches lead to an action – further search, phone call, directions etc.
Having a website is great, BUT IF NO ONE CAN FIND YOU it’s a waste of time!
How can you improve your local search results?
A well constructed, complete and accurate Google+Local page will help your business to achieve a high ranking for general search terms such as “Restaurant”, “Pizza”, “Gardener”, “Plumber” etc. within your own geographical area.
So, how can this be done? We suggest the following:
- Create your personal Google+ account
- Create a Google+ Local Page for your business
- Ensure your profile is complete – a half-hearted attempt looks worse than no presence
- Analyse your Keywords to identify the strength of the competition. Decide which keywords to concentrate on in order to appear on page 1 of any Google search
- Ensure your description is relevant to your customers and includes your important keywords
- Add your business contact details to the online business directories to create reviews/mentions of your business with links back to your website
- Encourage your customers to create positive reviews for your business to improve your rankings
Sound complicated? Raise the Roof Marketing has created a Local Marketing Package to help you get started.
Local Search Marketing Package
Google+ Set Up Package – £250
What is included:
- Setting up your personal Google+ account (if you don’t already have one)
- Creating your local business entry for Google+
- Ensuring that the correct information is set up for your page
- Uploading up to 5 images on to the local page (images to be supplied by the company)
- Research current listings in all UK online business directories
- Research Keywords for your business, identify local search quantities, identify strength of competition
Google+ On-going Monthly Package – £150 per month
What is included
- Monitor your local business pages on Google+
- Ensure latest information is uploaded to above site
- Monitor positions for local Google Searches for identified keywords
- Monitor and update customer reviews
- Create and post status updates on a regular basis to Google+ to keep account fresh
Contact Us today to start to build your Local Marketing Programme.